Wow! The Mayor calls it a pilot project to determine the need and cost of the program. Here's the Press Release:
SPRING CLEANUP TIME
Something BIG is leaving your neighborhoods!
The Town of New Milford Public Works Department would like to announce the First Annual Bulky Waste Pickup Service. This is your chance to get rid of accumulated big stuff, such as furniture, washers and dryers, carpets, etc. Between May 5 and May 30, 2008 (excluding weekends and Holidays) the Public Works Department will perform bulky waste pickup to scheduled households on a first come first serve basis to the first 200 residents to call.
Pickup is available to residents of the Town of New Milford with a scheduled appointment. ALL items must be able to be lifted by two people.
· Pick ups will be BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
· Items are to be left at the curbside ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT.
· Type of material able to be collected includes
o mattresses (must be dry),
o old furniture, Please do not break furniture up as all items in reasonable condition will be recycled.
Carpet needs to be cut into manageable sizes or rolled and taped.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED:
· GARDEN WASTE (grass, brush, leaves, etc); please contact New Milford Farms (a Garick Corp.) at 860-210-0250 for this disposal.
· BUILDERS WASTE (demolition debris, wood, sheetrock, etc)
· ROCKS, SOIL
· LIQUIDS OR CHEMICAL WASTE (paint, varnish, antifreeze, waste oil, etc)-please keep all of this for the New Milford Health Departments annual fall Household Hazardous Waste Day and
· ITEMS NOT ABLE TO BE LIFTED BY TWO PEOPLE
Please call 355-6040 to schedule a pick up time. Please note that you must indicate what items you will have at the time you make your appointment. This program will be on a first come first serve basis and appointments will be limited to 10 pick ups per day. You can begin calling to schedule your appointment day on or after April 28, 2008.
*Please call 355-6040 for additional information*